Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Entry 5: Lovely Voices

As I returned to Circe’s island, I was received advised on how to avoid the dangers I was to encounter. She told me what would happen when we went to the Sirens, I returned to my ship and riled up my men. I felt as if my men deserved to know what I was for told. I told them of the for cast that way they knew what to expect and knew how we could die. I told them of the Sirens and what to do when the time came, I also told them the women would sing haunting songs over the sea and their green shores were covered so sweet with clover and that I alone was to listen to them. I told the men that they were to tie me up as tight as possible along the mast. I warned them that if I was to shout and beg to be untied they were to tie me tighter to shut me up. I carved a massive cake of beeswax and rolled them soft, I put the wax into all the men’s ears so that they could not hear the songs of the Sirens. They tied me to the mast and took themselves to rowing as we came upon two Sirens. The lovely voices were appealing to me and I begged to be untied but the men took my advise and did as they were told and tied me tighter. Once we were passed the Sirens the men removed their wax and set me free from the pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment