Friday, September 3, 2010

Entry 3: Encounter With The One Eyed Monster

Back on the ship again we arrived on an island where we hoped to get food, we grabbed our strong wine and most of the men went ashore the island to look for food and people. We came upon a cave but nobody was home, so we stayed there until the Cyclops returned. When he returned from working we told him that we had brought a gift, and asked what ours what in return. When the Cyclops refused I threatened him with the power of Zeus he merilly laughed and said he did not believe in their gods. He told us that we were going to be his prisoners and he demanded for us to tell him where our ship was. I quickly replied, our shipped crashed whenever we came ashore and we are stranded here with no way to get home. The giant Cyclops then grabbed two of my men, bashing their heads into the rocks and eating them like they were a snack. For his door he used a giant bolder that nobody could move except for him or his help. He had been eating the men slowly by slowly as we came upon a plan to escape. One day while he was out tending to his sheep we found a large branch and devised our plan. We sharpened one end of the branch to a point, that night when he came in the sheep followed behind him as he closed the door. I poured him a cup of my strong wine and offered it to him as I apologized for my behavior at the begining. As we started to talk I told him that my name was Nohbody, he drank a few or bowls of wine and our plan started to fall in place. The Cyclops grew tired and fell to bed me and four of my strongest men picked up the sharpened branch and heated it in the fire. After we had heated the branch we jabbed it through the Cyclops' one eye, he yelled for help but nobody listened. We threw the branch in the fire and scattered. We finished out our plan by tieing ourselves to the bottom of his sheep to be released in to morning. As the Cyclops let the sheep out, touching each of their back his blind eye did not see us underneath. Once we had escaped and we were back on the boat with his sheep, he threw rocks at us as I began to taunt him. My shipmates called it foolish, I told him my real name, my parents and my real home.

No comments:

Post a Comment