Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Entry 12: My Revenge On The Suitors

After my talk with Penelope, I knew I would be making my revenge soon. I noticed the twelve axes standing in the yard. The suitors were to shoot an arrow through all twelve of the axe handles, before she would consider a marriage. The men also had to string my bow in order to shoot the arrow, this is what prevented many of the men from achieving their goal. I asked if I could have a turn and my wish was granted. In one swift motion I strung my bow with ease, as it took many of them hours. I shot it through each of the axes without a problem, many of the men wondered how and old beggar could do this without a problem, that is when the fight started. I gave my signal to Telemachus as he went to get the armor and weapons, I began to shot arrows at each man questioning me with rage. The first to be shot was Antinous, as he was sipping his wine I shot my arrow through his throat as the others watched in terror. As they asked why I did this I told them that I was Odysseus and I was back for revenge on them for taking my home over my 20 year trip. One man stands up and apologizes for all the taken and then some.I told them that it wasn't good enough and they were going to pay for trying to take a living mans wife. I shot arrows through each one aproaching me, until Telemachus returned with the other weapons. Though some tried to run they all ended up dead, for they all deserved this for invading my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment