Friday, September 3, 2010

Entry 4: Journey To Hades

We were told that we had to journey to the underworld before we reached home. On our way down there I saw some very upsetting things. The soul of a dead ship mate that we had lost early on, as well as the spirit to my mother, which upset me the most because when I left home she was still alive and this is the first of me finding out that she is no longer alive. I did not know what to say to her so I did not say anything to her. I then met a phrophet named Tiresias, he drank my sheep blood and for this offering he told me what was soon to come on my journey home. He said that: if my men ate the cattle of Helious they would all die but me, for many years I would travel the sea alone and under strange sails I'd arrive to a broken home there I would find men eating my livestock and suitors, courting my wife, I was told that I would kill them all. He also told me that I would travel by foot to a strage land, where there were no seas and the meats were never salted. There I was to sacrifice a bull, a ram, and a buckbore. At sea again I travel alone, after many years there I would die alone of old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment