Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Entry 10: Telemachus

After my talk with Athena she changed my appearance and told me to go see my old friend Eumaeus. And there I shall reveal my identity to my son. Whenever I reached Eumaeus' house I told Telemachus, at first my son thought of me as a god but I tried to convince him otherwise. Afterwards me and him talked and were very emitional because or departure hurt us both. We talked of the suitors and our plan to get rid of them. We decided to hide all the weapons,and shields except for two swords, two spears and two shields so that we could attack. I told him that if any of them were to ask to tell them that Zeus told him to move them so that there would not be any conflict. I told him not to tell his mother so that there would not be a big ordeal and that way I could really know if she still did truly love me. I also told him no matter what not to let it be known who I really was, no matter what was to happen. I told him within a couple of days I would be there as the beggar, as we said our goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment